MetaGeek and Oscium team up to double down on mobile-first Wi-Fi analytics tools
The next-generation Wi-Spy® hardware will be available for pre-order in December 2018 and will ship in Q1FY19. This new offering is the first result of nearly 18 months worth of collaboration and development.
SAN DIEGO, CA—October 17, 2018—MetaGeek and Oscium, both Wi-Fi industry leaders, today announced a new strategic partnership at CWNP’s Wi-Fi Trek conference. Their initial collaboration–quietly in progress for the past 18 months–will bring the next generation of Wi-Spy® Wi-Fi diagnostic hardware to market, in addition to a new Wi-Fi insights software platform.
As part of the agreement, MetaGeek has named Oscium as a preferred hardware provider to support the company’s growing global customer base. MetaGeek plans to partner with Oscium for additional hardware offerings moving forward as part of the company’s shift to focus on the software side of their industry-leading Wi-Fi analytics solutions.
Comments on the News:
● “We have been looking for ways to partner with Oscium for some time,” said Brian Tuttle, CEO of MetaGeek. “We are really excited use our combined capability to deliver more valuable insight into network performance and security. This will be a huge win for our customers and partners.”
● “This partnership is natural; MetaGeek and Oscium together will allow each company to leverage their respective strengths and bring the best possible Wi-Fi solutions to market,” said Bryan Lee, President of Oscium.
As part of the strategic partnership, the companies will initially deliver the the next generation of the gold-standard Wi-Spy® Wi-Fi diagnostics solution in early 2019.
Pricing and Availability
● Pricing and pre-orders will be available December 2018 at https://www.metageek.com
● Production units will ship early Q1 of 2019
Connect with MetaGeek
● Like MetaGeek on Facebook at https://facebook.com/metageeks/
● Follow @metageek on Twitter
MetaGeek, a leader in Wi-Fi visualization, troubleshooting, and optimization, enables users to manage Wi-Fi networks that work. With a complete line of analytics hardware and software solutions for Wi-Fi, more than 150,000 customers worldwide rely on MetaGeek to improve the performance of their Wi-Fi networks. For more information about MetaGeek solutions and Wi-Fi troubleshooting, visit www.metageek.com
Oscium delivers innovative test equipment accessories that connect to a smartphone or tablet transforming the host device into a portable troubleshooting tool for field technicians. Oscium has been delighting customers since 2010 and currently offers the following products for purchase: iMSO-204x (handheld oscilloscopes) and WiPry 5x [WiFi Spectrum Analyzer (2.4 & 5 GHz) with Cross Platform Support].
The Future of Test Equipment is Here. Please visit www.oscium.com for more information.
(208) 639-3140 x 103
# # #