We are super excited to announce a new release of our Eye P.A. visual Wi-Fi packet analytics platform!
With Eye P.A. 2.1, you can quickly perform multi-channel 802.11ac packet capture and analysis utilizing supported wireless adapters! We’ve also added beta support for .pcap/.pcapng files captured from a variety of supported enterprise access points (Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba, AeroHive).
Multi-channel and expanded .pcap/.pcapng support have been the most-requested features in Eye P.A., by far. We hope you’ll love the update and please keep sending us your requests. We love the feedback!
For more information about Eye P.A., visit: https://www.metageek.com/products/eye-pa/
- Added the ability to capture packets on multiple channels simultaneously utilizing multiple supported wireless adapters
- Added duration and channel columns to the Packets table (right click on the Packets table headers to show the new columns)
- Added beta support for .pcap/.pcapng files captured from enterprise access points (Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba, AeroHive)
- Improved parsing of files containing some invalid packet types in addition to 802.11 packets
- Fixed the calculation of guard intervals for 802.11ac packets with RadioTap headers
- Fixed a copy-to-clipboard issue in the Packets table
How Can I Buy the New Eye P.A. 2.1?
Eye P.A. 2.1 is available for purchase online at https://www.metageek.com/products/eye-pa/ as a bundle with a compatible WiFi adapter. The price is $799, a $400 drop in price from the Eye P.A. + AirPcap Nx bundle!
You can also buy Eye P.A. 2.1 as part of the popular MetaGeek Complete bundle, which includes Eye P.A., a compatible WiFi adapter, Chanalyzer + Report Builder, Wi-Spy DBx, and Device Finder 2.4 GHz Directional Antenna. This bundle combines our most popular tools and gives the user the solutions they need to identify and fix the most common WiFi problems: interference, insufficient coverage/dead spots, airtime utilization, channel saturation, and packet loss/retransmission. It can be purchased from our bundle page at https://www.metageek.com/products/complete/
I Already Own Eye P.A. How Do I Upgrade to 2.1?
To get the new update, simply open Eye P.A. and you should receive a prompt to update to the new version (requires active MetaCare). Once installed, follow the prompts to set up Eye P.A. to capture packets using a supported WiFi adapter. You can also download the new version directly from our Downloads Page.
Click here if you need to update your MetaCare subscription so you can access the update to v2.1.
The adapters supported are widely available via Amazon, Best Buy and other major electronics retailers.